Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New Mantra

"Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by fighting back."
- Paul Erdos (1913-1996)
 That's what I'm going to keep telling myself while I get my butt kicked by the amount and difficulty level of my work here.  
That, and that a little Comedy Central and making out on the couch will help me maintain my sanity. And cooking. I'm really starting to enjoy making food (mostly desert, but the new boy and I cooked last week and it was fun) and I have some yummy new recipes to try this weekend/next week. 
These will be glorious. They're a mixture of 3 of my favorite things in the whole wide world. And everyone at school will be so excited to see them.
And, despite the fact that reading Cosmo occasionally in a waiting room is fun and salacious, having a subscription is an exercise in repetition. I think they think if they keep giving the same sex tips over and over again, eventually people will just do them all because they have to be good if Cosmo keeps mentioning them, right? I dunno, that's my theory, because they're all the same, and not all of them sound like good ideas. BUT! Point of me mentioning Cosmo: they have a delicious looking pork loin recipe that I definitely want to try. It looks delicious, even though it'll be a crap ton of effort and takes several hours to cook. I told the new boy that I'd even let him make me eat veggies and I wouldn't complain because that pork loin looks so tasty. (His major flaw is that he likes broccoli and wants to change me into a broccoli-eater, too.)

2 comments:

  1. Umm broccoli is delish. And pork is quickly becoming one of my favorite meats to cook with. The bacteria in the meat cooks off at a lower temperature than either chicken or beef and it doesn't remind me of mucus when I touch it (I looking at you, chicken).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Broccoli is gross. But it's not so bad when you put enough peanut sauce or sriracha on it. I've eaten more broccoli in the last 2 and 1/2 months than in the last 2 1/2 years. Don't tell the boy, but he's right. The more I eat it, the less I HATE it. I still don't like it, but I'm not gagging anymore. And I will send you this Cosmo recipe, I think you'd love it. Except I think it's gonna be kind of expensive. And you need bourbon, which is less of a big deal for you, because CA isn't stupid about liquor laws.

    ReplyDelete