Monday, August 13, 2012

Sample Society!

My Sample Society Box and Allure Magazine came this week!

I was very excited, because my Sample Society box came at the same time as some stuff I had ordered from Sephora, so I had two packages show up on the same day. So nice.


The Sample Society Box included:


Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer, Private Dancer. I believe this is full size, and retails for $18! 
I haven't tried it yet, because I am drowning in nail polish from Julep (definitely skipping next month unless I have a free month), but I love purple, so hopefully it will turn out well. Since the box cost $15, the nail polish alone paid for the box (not that I would EVER pay $18 for nail polish, but you get the idea) 
No stars yet, since I haven't actually tried it

Elemental Herbology Moisture Milk Deluxe Sample, full size $78
I used it a couple of times, and it's nice, for moisturizer, but I wouldn't say it's any better than Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, which is what I currently use, and which is approximately 1/3 the price.
*** out of 5

Phyto Phytonectar Oil Deluxe Sample, full size $30
I've only used this once (it says use 1-2x weekly for 5 weeks), but I think it might have helped my terrible, terrible split ends a little bit. I'll keep using it and see what happens. Hopefully, it will help heal some of the damage I've done to my hair and help it to grow.
***1/2 out of 5

Jane Iredale Longest Lash Mascara, Black Ice Deluxe Sample, full size $33. 
I wasn't crazy about this mascara--it was pretty dry and it took about a million coats before I really noticed it. I wasn't allergic to it, so that's good, but I won't buy it, that's for sure.
** out of 5

Arcona Cranberry Toner Deluxe Sample, full size $32
I liked the smell, and it seemed to do a good job of getting the last of the dirt and makeup that washing my face had left behind (sidenote: I am always amazed and disgusted by all the crap left after washing my face. I try to do a good job and wash for a long time, but good lord, it's always really ridiculous). It did not, however, have that familiar tingly, oxidizing feeling that I like most toners to have because I feel like that is the stuff that kills the bacteria that causes breakouts. It was nice, but not great, and I won't be buying.
***1/2 out of 5

I haven't tried that Malin Goetzl bonus packet yet either.

I'll give this one another 2-3 months, but if I don't start seeing some things that are 4-5 stars, I'll cancel. There's no point in getting a bunch of samples of things that I wouldn't think about buying anyway, right? Plus, $15/month is a little steep for stuff I'm not crazy about.

***I paid for my own Sample Society Subscription and all opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment