Saturday, February 12, 2011

Words left unsaid

Hello dear readers,

This is my new blog. I always figured I'd wait to start a blog like this until I was married and/or had babies... because that's what everyone else does. But Pants (also, I will be giving everyone code names to protect the innocent) convinced me to start one so she could read it, so... here goes.

I think a lot of times, we have things that we need to say that we just can't phrase in a way we want to say them. We have all of these emotions or grievances or gratitude that we just can't express. More often than I like to admit, I've found myself saying "there are no words." This blog is an attempt to find the words. And maybe the people they're meant for will read them, and maybe they won't. Maybe taking the time to write them out will give me the courage to speak them aloud. Maybe it'll just be for me. More likely, I will be too chicken to post anything of actual value and you will all hear about the minutiae of my life spun in a way to make me look as good as possible, because after all, this is my own little universe and I have that ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment